All you need to know about online grocery shopping
The supermarket delivery service is extremely popular in the UK! More and more Britons have their weekly groceries delivered to their home. The advantages are great: You no longer have to lug around heavy groceries and it saves a lot of time. You can also order online outside the opening hours of the supermarket! At Online-supermarket.co.uk you will find comprehensive information about the popular supermarket delivery services in the UK like Tesco, Ocado, Iceland, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Aldi. We’ll tell you exactly how it works, what the benefits are and which grocery delivery Apps you can use!
- The online supermarket delivers all your favorite groceries to your front door
- You can choose from a wide range of groceries: from fresh vegetables to soft drinks and from household items to toilet paper
- All groceries are neatly delivered to the door. You don’t have to look anymore.
- Well-known delivery services in the UK are Tesco, Ocado, Iceland, Morrisons, Sainburys’s, Waitrose and Asda.
- Delivery costs are on average around £5.00. Sometimes home delivery is even free
- Instant grocery delivery companies such as Gorillas and Zapp deliver the groceries within minutes. They are mainly active in large cities.
Compare online supermarkets
In the United Kingdom there are more and more online supermarkets where you can order online. The traditional supermarkets such as Tesco, Iceland, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s have been delivering for a while. But new delivery services such as Ocado are also rapidly gaining in popularity. The most new development is the instant fast delivery services: supermarkets such as Gorillas, Zapp and Getir deliver your groceries to your home within minutes! In the table below you compare the available online supermarkets in the UK.
|Supermarket||Delivery||Min. order||Click & Collect||Promotion|
|£2 – £7||£40||Yes||Check deals|
|£0 – £6,99||£40||Yes||Check deals|
|£0 – £3||£25||Yes||Check deals|
|£1,50 – £6||£40||Yes|
|£1 – £7||£25||Yes|
|£2,95 – £9,95||No||Yes|
Other (alternative) stores:
- Budgens: locally owned by independent retailers.
- Co-op Food: Prices locked local to you.
- Farmfoods: Great food, amazing prices.
- Heron Foods: Top Quality, Low Prices. Right up your street!
- Marks & Spencer: Modern department store with groceries and fresh products.
- Poundland: Cheap supermarket with great offers.
- Amazon Fresh: Modern delivery service with great service.
Best Grocery Apps for same-day delivery
Do you need your groceries immediately? Then choose an instant grocery delivery service. Grocery Apps like Gorillas, Zapp and Getir deliver the groceries within minutes. The big advantage is that you have all the essentials delivered super fast. You don’t have to leave the house anymore! They work with a low minimum order day and low delivery costs. Try it yourself! Below you can compare the best online Apps for same-day groceries delivery.
|Rapid services||Delivery||Min. order||Promotions|
|£1,3 – £3||£0|
|£0,5 – £2||≈|
|£0,5 – £2||≈|
Other (alternative) flash delivery services:
- Bolt: Bolt Market is a supermarket in your pocket.
- Grocemania: order and watch in real-time as tjey deliver your groceries from local stores in minutes.
- Chop Chop: arrives in 60 minutes, Choose up to 25 items, Subs price promise!
- Ocado Zoom: choose from over 10000 products including the best of M&S and Ocado.
- Tesco Whoosh: get top-up shops, last-minute meals and more superfast within 60 minutes.
- Asda Express: a fuss-free same day grocery delivery service direct to your door.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A supermarket delivery service delivers your groceries to your home. Your order will be packed and prepared for shipment at a local supermarket or warehouse. Your items will then be delivered at a time slot of your choice by a professional courier.
You order all products in the webshop of the supermarket. Then choose a delivery day and time. Your order will then be prepared and shipped as soon as possible. Some supermarkets have special warehouses where online orders are picked and shipped. Other supermarkets prepare the orders from the supermarket. You can track your order via the App or website.
The cost of grocery delivery is between £0.00 to £10.00. The delivery costs depend on the supermarket and the chosen delivery time. Busy delivery slots are often more expensive than quiet and spacious delivery slots. There are often promotional products for free delivery.
The main advantages are that you save a lot of time and energy. You don’t have to lug around heavy bags. Moreover, you can order where and when you want. You are therefore not dependent on the opening hours of your local store. In practice, it is often cheaper when you order your groceries online. You order exactly what you need, and make fewer impulse purchases.
In the UK, the following supermarkets deliver home: Tesco, Ocado, Iceland, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Asda. At Aldi you can also order online, but here you have to pick up your groceries yourself via Click & Collect. In addition, there are flash deliverers such as Gorillas, Zapp and Getir that deliver within an hour.